Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > UNIX - Newcomers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
TonyTheTechGuy

Jaguar ARD to Distribute Parental Controls for Snow Leopard

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the macosxhints forums, and am a complete noob in terms of UNIX commands. I've been able to find the UNIX commands for Tiger and Leopard, but even when trying to transfer over the commands to Snow Leopard, I can't find the Parental_Controls.plist! Please help! Here's my setup!

I'm running a computer lab at an elementary school. I have an iMac with ARD 3.2 installed, and am managing 29 other iMacs with ARD 3.4 Client installed. On my "master"/"admin" iMac, I've created parental controls for my "student" account. Now, all these computers have the same image, just, I forgot to set these parental controls on the student account before making the image and distributing them to all the computers. So now I want to use ARD to distribute the parental controls I just made.

What is the UNIX command to distribute my premade parental controls? Is there exporting and importing involved? Any help would be massively appreciated! Gotta do what you can to keep these kids focused, and not clicking around the finder opening up System Preferences and etc.!

Tags
ard, clone, distribute, parental controls, snow leopard

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: