Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
ddarke
Prospect

Moving pictures within an Event in IPhoto

I am a new Apple owner and a new user of IPhoto. I cannot seem to figure out how to move photos around in an Event. I can move them in Albums but selecting and dragging does not seem to work when you are in an event. Any hints???
ddarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
fracai
MVP

Dragging works just fine for me in events. Note that you have to be viewing the Events under the "Photos" view, with "Event Titles" checked under the View menu. You can drag photos from one event to another to move them. Under the "Events" view, you can drag an entire event into another to merge them.
fracai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
ddarke
Prospect

I have been able to merge events but I cannot seem to drag and move photos within an event. I tried in the Photo view with event titles checked and still nothing when I select a photo and try to drag it to move it. It makes rearranging photos within an event virtually impossible.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
Skybolt
Triple-A Player

Generally, photos within an event are organized by date. Perhaps if you want to move them about, you could change the date and/or time? Use "Photos" in the menubar, then "Adjust Date and Time".
Old 07-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
fracai
MVP

Yeah, Events aren't for rearranging photos; that's what albums are for.
fracai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #6
Skybolt
Triple-A Player

Fracai is right -- use albums, smart albums and folders to organize. For instance, create a folder for "Vacations". Then create an album for "Summer 2010", one for "Fall 2009", etc. Drag the albums to the folder. You then drag whatever photos correspond to your albums to the one you want. Presto -- organization! Also, smart albums are a real help in organizing. Use keywords when you download your photos -- each photo can have numerous keywords -- "Uncle Bob", "Baltimore" and "Seaside", for example. Then, create a smart album that keys on each keyword. Then you will automatically have albums for the seaside, one for Uncle Bob, etc. There really is no need to try organize within the event.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
ddarke
Prospect

Thanks for the help. I will stop trying to organize in Events and use Albums instead.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: