Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > iHardware Devices > iPod Info Center

Old 03-31-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
luckycharm

Cool Delete song from IPOD

I have a song on my IPOD that I know has a virus. It infected my computer and I had to have my computer completely reformatted and wiped clean. At that time I lost ALL of my songs.

However, my songs are still on my IPOD. I'd like to transfer my songs from my IPOD to my new ITunes but don't want to re-infect my computer. How do I possibly get rid of this song so that I can feel comfortable transferring all of my songs back to my computer?

Thanks in advance for any help!! I appreciate it!
Old 04-01-2010, 02:50 AM   #2
Hal Itosis
Hall of Famer

Are you using Mac OS or Windows? [which version?]

Quote:
IPOD

I guess that's some alternate spelling for iPod? Would that be a 1st-generation iPod (i.e., mountable as a "disk" on the desktop), or have you got a new iPod touch?

Somehow, the missing info seems to suggest you have no *other* backup of these songs anywhere? I trust now a valuable lesson has been learned then?

Having said all that, there are usually several 3rd-party apps floating around which enable users to access the contents of our iPods. "senuTi" was one of the better ones a few years back (but idunno if it works with the newer touch models).
Hal Itosis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delete song, ipod, virus

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: