|01-05-2009, 04:59 AM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2006
MacBook Pro Battery woes
I have been having some strange trouble with my MacBook Pro battery (2.2GHz model running 10.5.6). The symptoms as I see it are:
1. Computer while on battery power shuts down abruptly without warning (despite indicator showing anything between 6-60%)
2. The System Profiler charge on the battery went down initially to
1448. Since then it has gone up to 1670, 2190, 3300 over the last month and now is back down to 1958.
3. The battery status indicator has always said Check Battery for the last two months.
4. Resetting SMC controller seems to not do anything.
5. Strangely enough the usual way of trying to reset PRAM (Cmd-Opt-P-R at start-up) seems to have no effect (at least no multiple chimes are encountered -- the computer boots after 1 chime).
6. An attempt to test the battery by swapping it for another computer's (a battery that was known to be good) resulted in the other battery also reading Check Battery in the second computer.
7. Cycle count on the battery is just 27.
Any ideas of how to fix this problem? It rather limits my use of the computer to being a desktop.
|battery, macbook pro|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|