Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > Working with OS X > OS X Developer

Old 08-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #1
boxidilshan
Prospect

Mac menu problem (Java Swing)

I have an issue with the mac menu bar. My application is developed by swing and the issue is with the swing JMenuBar. There are two levels(submenus) in the JemnuBar. Once I focus on the first menu link it slides and it displays the second menu(this is the normal behavior). But when I CLICK on the first menu it result in disappearing the menu without sliding to the second menu. But this work fine in windows. Is there any reason for this?

Thank You
boxidilshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
boxidilshan
Prospect

And also this happens only when I use the mac menu bar. When I use System.setProperty("apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar", "true"). In other occasions it works fine.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:33 AM   #3
hayne
Site Admin

It isn't clear from your description what is happening.
Maybe it will clarify things if you answer this question:
Do you see the same behaviour (with the menus) in a native OS X application? (e.g. in the Edit menu of Safari)
Old 08-20-2008, 06:45 AM   #4
boxidilshan
Prospect

In safari there are 2 sub menus in Edit menu as "Find" and "spellings and grammar". If you click on those links itself it will not disappear. After clicking multiple times it may disappear. But in my swing application it disappear as soon as I click on such links. This behavior is not seen in windows. In windows it does not disappear at all. And also it happens when I use the mac screen menu bar. If I use the menu bar within my JFrame it does not reproduce. It works fine.

Thank you
Old 08-20-2008, 07:59 AM   #5
hayne
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxidilshan
In safari there are 2 sub menus in Edit menu as "Find" and "spellings and grammar". If you click on those links itself it will not disappear. After clicking multiple times it may disappear. But in my swing application it disappear as soon as I click on such links.

That sounds wrong - that it disappears upon one click. Consider filing a bug with Apple against its Java implementation.

Quote:
This behavior is not seen in windows. In windows it does not disappear at all.

The behaviour in Windows is not relevant - what you want is for it to behave like a native OS X application - no matter what Windows does.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: