Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > System

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
schnatstik

Can't use OSX install cd's

I've had this laptop for about four months now, my brother bought it used from someone and all it had was an unknown password and the powercord- no cds where provided at all. I was able to remove the password and use it quite well without any problems. Then the system got corrupt and I ended up buying Ibook G4 mac os x install discs, restore discs and the hardware test disc, however the only thing that worked were the hardware test. When I use the install discs, I turn on the laptop, insert the disc, it hums for a bit then after a few seconds it spits it back out. When I use the restore discs, it keeps them in, but it won't read them. And the hardware disc works perfectly. From what I can tell, these discs are cds since they don't mention anything about being dvds on their labels and I've been able to use the ubuntu installation disc to install linux. I really don't know what to do, can anyone help me?
schnatstik is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: