Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Classic

Old 07-07-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
carol's studio
Prospect

Angry Epson 1280 not being read by OS 9 Pismo

Hope someone can help. I have reinstalled my 1280 printer software.. Have selected 1280 in chooser. When I go to print a document it says "Cannot open the printer (64) "

Nothing is wrong with the printer itself, because it is working on a second computer, a G4. I have been troubleshooting for days now.. checking preferences, control panels, etc.. Epson overseas tech support folks just says reinstall software which I have done.. twice now... anyone?? I must have use of this printer and OS9 computer to finish a project. Many thanks for any suggestions you may have..
carol's studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
carol's studio
Prospect

FIXED... ALMOST...

I just found an old thread on this issue and someone (two years ago) suggested deleting ATM and suitcase from extensions folder. Interesting because my problem began whern I added ATM back into extensions after my clean install. So.. I tried this and now the printer can be read but now I still need my ATM to work wirth my fonts in my documents . Obviously there is a conflict with ATM in the extensions folder. What do I do now?
Old 07-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #3
carol's studio
Prospect

OK this is an ADOBE issue/When I remove ATM the printer works fimne. Anyone have a workaround of how to use ATM and the primnter at the same time?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:39 AM   #4
stewiesno1
Major Leaguer

You can't use another font utility ? Or just load the fonts you need into the fonts folder? I remember running into problems using ATM and ended up getting Suitcase instead. Not the perfect solution , but worked for me.
Stewie
stewiesno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
carol's studio
Prospect

will try this thanks Stewie
Old 07-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #6
carol's studio
Prospect

This does not work. Fonts are ok in Photoshop but Quark seems to require the ATM and ATM is still a conflict and not enabling the printer to operate.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:03 AM   #7
stewiesno1
Major Leaguer

Check with a Quark tech or on Quarks forums that the version of Quark and ATM that you are using are compatible. Check also that the versions of Quark & ATM are compatible with your version of OS9 ( 9.04 , 9.1 , 9.21 , 9.22 etc )Also are your documents Postscript - maybe another PPD might help or load the correct PPD in the Chooser. I have a HP 2500CP large format plotter for printing house plans that I draw , and I have had trouble every now and then with not having the correct PPD selected in the Chooser. I also have no idea why it changes on me , but at least it is only a quick trip into the Chooser to fix it. Have you checked that you may have a corrupt font in ATM or embedded in your document? This too has caused me grief over the years. If you can't resolve this issue , maybe getting onto a graphics based forum where there are more design oriented or DTP members may yield more answers. I guarantee it will be a simple fix. Just reeeeeally frustrating to find.
Cheers , Stewie
stewiesno1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: