|07-21-2005, 10:14 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2005
OS X Crash/Frozen
System Specs: iBook G4 OS 10.3.9
When starting up, my computer freezes on the blue screen of death after showing the apple logo with the spinning gear-shaped icon. It will not boot from a CD. I did boot and hold option down and ran a hardware check. It said all hardware was working. On the rare occassion it does complete the boot cycle, it freezes within a few minutes after loading the desktop icons.
These are the things I have tried with no solution:
1) Boot using the CD -it won't
2) Running disk utility -fixes permissions but doesn't change anything
3) I attempted to boot into safe mode, but it shows a kernal panic screen and wants to be rebooted. Upon reboot, it still freezes.
4) Booted into single user and ran /sbom/fsck -yf. It checks the 5 processes, and finds Keys out of order while checking catalog file. It then attempts to rebuild catalog b-tree, but tells me it could not be repaired. I've attempted this NUMEROUS times.
5) Opened Firmware and ran reset all -this does nothing but reboot and then freezes again.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|