Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 03-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
nrowe46
Prospect

Angry Popcorn 3.0.2 freezes the Mac

Just received an LG GSA-H55N as a replacement from Sam's Club last month. I am using a Mac G4 OS 10.4.11 with 1gig of ram and 1gz sonnet processor. I'm using Popcorn 3.0.2 to burn a TS-Video file to a DVD. Never had a problem like this before. Toast 8 does the same thing. The file is compressed to fit a blank dvd, have tried several brands of dvd's , when popcorn or toast starts burn the file, at exactly 3.23 into the burn the Mac freezes. I can not force quit and must restart the mac to clear the program. What is going on. I can find no information on the GSA-H55N on the LG web site. Is there a firmware update? Popcorn has no updates. Toast 8.1 has no updates. Tried Fast DVD burn but this does not compress the file. Used patchburn to add the newest driver. I have used popcorn many times before. I have repaired permissions. I started from the OS 10.4 disk and repaired the disk with disk utility. Any ideas as to what is wrong
nrowe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:37 AM   #2
fish3k1
Triple-A Player

Seeing as the problem occurs at the same place with different programs, have you considered that it might be a problem with the file? Have you tried burning other files to disc since you started having the problem?
fish3k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
nrowe46
Prospect

Yes I have tried several different programs, all with the same result. This is with popcorn 3 and toast 8.1
nrowe46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: