Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Hardware and Peripherals

Old 02-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
blubbernaut
MVP

New G5 tower won't turn on

Just received delivery of a 2.3Ghz Dual core G5 (happy), but after turning it on the power light comes on, but no fans, no drive noise, nothing. Have tested the monitor on another computer and its fine, so it must be the computer. Have pressed the SMU button without success. The little LEDs inside are working, the only one that lights up is the 'trickle' which indicates the unit is plugged in. There is another red LED closer to the center of the motherboard which is lit as well. This one glows brighter when you press the SMU button. I don' think there is anything else I can tell you....is it stuffed and needs to be sent back?
blubbernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:16 PM   #2
cwtnospam
League Commissioner

Call Apple. It sounds like a hardware problem and it's certainly within the warranty.
cwtnospam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
blubbernaut
MVP

Of course, you're right. I was really hoping (in delusion) that somebody would say "have you tried pressing the 'make it work' button?" or something else simple that would mean I wouldn't be without my new machine for too long... :-(
blubbernaut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: