Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 01-11-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
ColeCom Inc.
Prospect

Applescript Needed - Start Cocktail Daily

I just bought Cocktail and I love it.. I especially love the feature that it can automate a maintenance whenever I want, Daily, Weekly, whenever. Well, in order for that maintenance to run Cocktail has to be open. I'm a major stickler and have a tendency to close everything before I leave for home and it kind of defeats the purpose of Having it scheduled if I have to open it before I leave anyways.. Well, since I have absolutely no AppleScript knowledge whatsoever I was wondering if there was a script out there or program that I could use that would automatically open up Cocktail, Say at midnight? and maybe even close it at 1 or 2? I'm sorry for my lack of AppleScript skills, but hey asking for help can't hurt.
-Thanks
ColeCom Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:41 PM   #2
Raven
Hall of Famer

A very quick solution would be to add it to your startup items, but to put a check mark next to it so its hidden... That way it will be on, but not bother you on the screen...
And also, waht your looking for if this is not enough is not an AppleScript, its a cron job.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: