|12-18-2003, 10:15 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2002
10.3.2 changes to printing from XP
any one who has tested this?
im talking about this problem:
printer is connected to mac, but printing from XP does not work.
any one knows if this is fixed? i dont want to do the hard cups thingy
so who has an answer?
|12-19-2003, 07:41 AM||#3|
Hall of Famer
Join Date: Apr 2003
You need to provide much more info
1) Your using Panther 10.32 Upgraded via (and Panther was originally installed via Virgin, Upgrade, or Archive and Install)?
2) You have what Mac and are Attempting to print Via Ethernet, USB, wireless?
3) You are Attempting to print to what Printer Model via A Shared Printer?? that is cabled to a PC running XP (Sp1, 1a etc)??
4) What messages do you get on either side?
5) What Apps are you trying to print from? I would start with word, or somthing simple
6) Can you print to other printers?
|12-19-2003, 08:26 AM||#4|
Join Date: Dec 2003
My example :
1) I have downloaded 10.3.2
2) I have 1 iMac and 1 PC under XP, connected by ethernet (direct without switch or router). I am able to share files without problem (except when containing a "/" or other esoteric characters)
3) the printer is an Epson SC740 (an old one always printing well), connected to the iMac through USB hub
4) the printer is correctly identified by XP and declared as the default printer on XP
5) I try to print from Word, the printing appears in the printer queue on XP and disappears as if well printed. No error message or anything else. NOTHING
6) I have no other printer
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|