Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 02-19-2002, 10:21 AM   #1
ArtemisG3
Triple-A Player

phpNuke and MySQL

I don't know if this is the right place for this question.

I know nothing about php or mysql. I installed phpNuke last night, and during the initial admin account setup, "create a normal user with same name" was checked. I didn't think this would be a problem, but now when I tried to log in as the admin, it thinks I am a normal user (w/out admin privs).

If anyone knows how to login as an admin with the same name and pass as another user, let me know.

Otherwise, could someone tell me how to erase the original database 'nuke', and start over with a clean database.
ArtemisG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:10 PM   #2
Crusty
Triple-A Player

Open Terminal, and log in as your super user. After logging into MySQL, you can either drop the table or if you want, drop the whole database that PHPNuke is using.

To drop the table, type in:
drop table (name of your table);

To drop the entire database:
drop database (name of your database);

By the way, if you want to learn a lot about PHP and MySQL, check out the book called PHP and MySQL Web Development by Luke Welling and Laura Thomson. This has been one of my best book purchases and it taught me a lot.
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: