PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Mail thing going on....can you figure this out?

Kaisermo
03-06-2009, 03:50 PM
This might be very simple.
Every email I get instead of it saying it is addressed to me, it says robert cores who is someone in my address book.
When I click on this name, it has my email address and his listed, but I can't click on my email name.
How is this happening?

Hagrid
03-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Lot of possibilities, I would look are the email message full header to determine if your email client received the message like you described or if this is happening after the email client receives the message. Then I would try to understand if the name and email address information is coming from a common directory type service in your office, if not, I would look at whatever local address book I'm using. Of course, it could be a computer with a virus on your network and it using random data from the infected machines address book to spew out messages.

fracai
03-06-2009, 04:53 PM
At the bottom of the Address Book window there is a button labeled "Edit". Click this and you should be able to remove your e-mail address from his card. You should then add it to your own if it isn't already.

Kaisermo
03-06-2009, 09:25 PM
at the bottom of the address book window there is a button labeled "edit". Click this and you should be able to remove your e-mail address from his card. You should then add it to your own if it isn't already.

thank you! You did it!!!!!!!!!;)

anika123
03-09-2009, 10:53 AM
That is the biggest font I have ever seen on any forum and bold too. I am wowed ;)