PDA

View Full Version : Parallels windows xp and the F8 problem

pkiula
06-30-2008, 04:40 AM
Hi

I have an iMac with the white keyboard that comes with it. In installing windows xp on parallels, the windows cd tells me to press f8 to continue. But in mac the f8 key is devoted to something else. So I tried pressing the "fn" key as per an instruction, I mean fn and f8 together, but this doesn't register in the parallels window either. How should I press f8?

Thanks!

dweeks
06-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Hi

I have an iMac with the white keyboard that comes with it. In installing windows xp on parallels, the windows cd tells me to press f8 to continue. But in mac the f8 key is devoted to something else. So I tried pressing the "fn" key as per an instruction, I mean fn and f8 together, but this doesn't register in the parallels window either. How should I press f8?

Thanks!

You need to change the Mac's usage of the F8 key. Go into System Preferences>Expose and Spaces. Choose Expose.

In the middle of the window, you'll see what keystrokes are being used to trigger the various Expose features. Change F8 to something else. That's all you need to do.