PDA

View Full Version : password field for sole visible user

tredmond
05-08-2008, 02:07 AM
I have enabled the guest account on a couple of student iMacs. I have the user name display verses the username/password option. Anyway, when ever the computer is logged out or restarted, the login screen goes to the guest with a password field. Well, there is not password and so the student would need to click the back button in order to click the "Guest" icon. Is there a way to have it just automatically start at the screen where they can just click the "guest" button. I would like to make it as simple as possible.

Thanks

tlarkin
05-08-2008, 08:53 AM
If they are all logging in as guest you could just set it to automatically log in as the guest account. Otherwise, I think if you hide every other user from the log in window it is kind of pointless if every user is logging into the same guest account locally. You can do this from system preferences under the accounts pref pane.

tredmond
05-08-2008, 09:20 AM
I would love to be able to set the guest account to auto login, but this is not possible from system preferences > accounts pref. The guest account does not display. Unless, you know something I do not and please share if you do.

Thanks