PDA

View Full Version : What is best way to view image files on external drive

osxoregon
05-02-2008, 10:41 AM
What is the best way to just view photos on and external flash drive using OSX 10.4 or 10.5? Right now the default program that opens a jpeg image file when double clicked is Preview and It only opens one picture at a time. I would like to be able to click on arrows to view other pictures in the same folder without having to go back to the folder and double click on a new file. I do not want to import them into iphoto to just view them. Does anyone have suggestions as seems like there should be simple way to do this?

I see someone on another post recommended CocoViewX, does anyone have experience with this app or another to recommend?

I hate to say it but looking for simple way to just view images like windows picture & fax viewer where you can double click on one image in a folder and then arrow through view all the other images in the folder without needing to open each individual image first.

fracai
05-02-2008, 11:49 AM
I believe you should be able to open the folder in the Finder, select the images, and bring up the contextual menu which should include something like "view as slideshow".

10.5 of course includes QuickLook which probably replaces the slideshow format, but functions the same.

trevor
05-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Besides the Finder, as fracai mentions above, you may also want to try out something like JpegDeux: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpegdeux

Trevor

macosnoob
05-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Right now the default program that opens a jpeg image file when double clicked is Preview and It only opens one picture at a time.

If you select all the files you want to view, then double click on any one of them, Preview will open all the files at once. Arrow keys will sequence through the images.