PDA

View Full Version : Word 04 doesnt have accents??

kel101
04-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Im typing up my french oral answers, and in french there a lot of accents on e's a's etc. So i click insert in the symbol menu, and on the actual text, all that comes up is a box :S. is there some font pack or something i need? Or has Ms screwed me over?

hughvane
04-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Im typing up my french oral answers, and in french there a lot of accents on e's a's etc ... is there some font pack or something i need? Or has Ms screwed me over?

Get PopChar - brilliant! http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/7813

DeltaMac
04-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Choosing a symbol may be incorrect, as the accent marks that you want are not symbols at all, but modifications (accents) to each letter. You can change the accent that you want just by pressing the proper accent key first before typing the affected letter. Try this - press Opt-n, then press n, or some other letter. The letter appears with the accent that Opt-n provides.
You can see the marks that you can use by bringing up your keyboard viewer (from the International pref pane/Input Menu, and turn on Keyboard viewer. Then choose that Keyboard viewer from the flag menu that appears in your menu bar now. Hold the Option key, and you will see the various accents that can be Option-typed, eh?