PDA

View Full Version : software update???

loony888
03-10-2008, 03:05 AM
i have leopard 10.5.2, when i try and check for an update to my software the download bar doesn't progress at all, and it pops up the "there is software available for your computer" but there is no content, is anyone else having this problem? is there a problem with my settings?
please help!!!

paul.

loony888
03-10-2008, 04:13 AM
i can check for updates from the other account but not from the main administrator account. so i know it's on my system but i don't know why or how to fix it. all help appreciated.

paul.

loony888
03-10-2008, 04:27 AM
i fixed it, i used main menu to do a routine maintenance run.
all in all this is a useless thread so feel free to remove it.
thanks
paul.

NovaScotian
03-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Not useless. My Software Update (10.5.2) regularly times out, announcing that it cannot connect to the internet although every other network service is working just fine. Does SU use some special port for connecting?

iampete
03-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Not useless. My Software Update (10.5.2) regularly times out, announcing that it cannot connect to the internet although every other network service is working just fine. Does SU use some special port for connecting?

In addition to seeing this with S/W Update, I have similar experiences with iTunes when checking for updates for subscribed podcasts, i.e., unable to connect when all other network functions work just fine (at all hours of day and night, so it's not likely to be related to exceptionally "busy" times at Apple).

Does this not suggest that this is a characteristic of the way the Apple site handles connections in general?