PDA

View Full Version : Webcam help? I mneed to buy a PC?

port11
02-24-2008, 05:11 PM
I have a mac and I like it except it's an older version of the iMac without the built in webcam. Are there any PC USB webcams that are cheap (around 50$) that will work with my mac? I know I'd need to download that drivers list, but there are so many cameras on that list and a lot of them say they aren't working so I don't know what one to get. What webcam can I buy? I want to be able to use it on stickam.com

vanakaru
02-24-2008, 05:42 PM
http://speed-link.com/ Magnetic webcam. It looks nice and has 640x480 VGA and 800x600 SVGA 30fps specs, but I retuned it because of the picture quality. It has OS X driver in the box thou.
But do get iSight firewire cam, because of the compatibility and picture. eBay.com may have one for 50USD.
I have few Logitech cams working as well, but latency makes USB cams hard to use for live.
You may have a compact digital camera that works as live capture device (Canon). Its optics and sensor size are way better than any webcam. Try it or read the manual.

solipsism
02-24-2008, 06:17 PM
eBay.com may have one for 50USD.

After Apple discontinued the iSight the has price went up, even for used ones. You'd be lucky to get even a used one without a box for less than the original $149 asking price.

I'd go with the you first mentioned.