PDA

View Full Version : iChat remote user typing configuration

dougc
01-15-2003, 04:47 PM
I've been using iChat for a while with a few users and it's been working fine. I just added a new user and noticed that I see a "bubble" when this new user is composing a message. (the other users didn't do this) However now, for some reason, this feature no longer works. I've asked the new user if they've made any configuration changes, but they have not. Has anyone else had this problem? What's the best way to debug it?

vertigo
01-15-2003, 05:30 PM
Is the user in question someone on the same network? I think rendezvous will allow you to "send text as you type". This person may have had that checked before, and now has it disabled.

If you aren't using rendezvous with this person, I don't have any idea what you were seeing.

Also, I have no access to rendezvous so this is just a WAG.

dougc
01-15-2003, 08:39 PM
No, the other user is not on the same network and I am not using rendezvous. The other user is on a PC using the latest AIM client. Let me try to better explain the problem...

There is a feature in iChat (and in the newer AOL clients) that show when a remote user is composing a message. When it was working on my machine in iChat, the remote user icon would pop-up with a thought bubble, which is the same thing that happens when I'm composing a message. Like I said earlier, this was working, but then suddenly stopped for some unknown reason. As a side note, the remotes knows when I'm composing a message.

I'm just trying to figure out if there is something I need to configure within iChat that will enable this feature again.

Radix
01-15-2003, 09:07 PM
I have also noticed that the typing bubbles have disappeared from people on PC's who used to show when they were typing....