PDA

View Full Version : Moving Entourage data from one Exchange server to another

M34speed
01-09-2008, 01:17 AM
So I'm in the process of moving an Office from an in house exchange server to a hosted exchange server. The PCs are already up and running and configured, but I'm having issues with Entourage on the two mac clients.

I've added the new exchange server to the identity, and now I'm just trying to figure out how I get the contact inormation/calander data thats stored on the old Exchange server account, onto the new one on the same machine.

With all the older PCs, i just exported all the data into a PST file, and then imported that data into the new Exchange account. On the mac side it seems a little more complicated. From what I've messed around with so far, exporting the entourage information into an entourage archive file gives you the LOCAL calender data and contacts but not the data from the old exchange file.

A friend of mine had the idea of logging onto a PC, connecting to the old exchange server account, downloading the data, and exporting to a Outlook PST file. Then use some sort of program to import the PST file into the new Entourage Exchange account. This is what I'm going with if I can't get a quicker plan. And from what I've read, this isn't that easy...even with third party applications like O2M.

I know the Mac guys will have something on this. Thanks guys.