PDA

View Full Version : Issues with understanding Candybar v.3.0 icon organization methods??

m021478
11-29-2007, 02:48 AM
I recently upgraded to Candybar v.3.0, and I am having a bit of a dilemma figuring out how one is supposed to move icons from one collection to another, and/or delete a collection but keep the enclosed icons??

This could be easily achieved with Pixadex v.2.0.2 by going into the preferences of the application and unchecking the dialog box that said something along the lines of "when deleting a collection, also delete the enclosed icons" - and, it seemed that in Pixadex, highlighting some icons and pressing the 'Delete' key would remove those icons from the collection, but would leave the icons in the 'My Icons' library (and not move them to the trash)...

I am puzzled as to how to do this using CandyBar 3.0...It seems that there's no choice about whether or not moving a collection to the trash also trashes the enclosed icons, nor does there appear to be a choice to move the original icons to the trash, or not, when pressing the delete key...What this basically means is that if I want to take a collection that contains hundreds of icons, and group the enclosed 'related/similarly designed' icons into a collection, I have to first hit the delete key to move those icons to the trash (which then removes them from that particular collection), then once I've done so, create a new collection and move them from the trash to that new collection...

Is this right? Am I missing something, or did this basic functionality actually get removed from the program completely (as this was avoidable in Pixadex v.2.0.2)???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

--
Micah Diamond