PDA

View Full Version : problems with User's web pages.

J_T
11-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I have a 10.4.9(apache 1.3.3) server where some of my users have built test web pages. One of them needs to use perl as a cgi. I edited the .conf files to enable perl and got a test cgi to work in his sites directory. However if he uploads a script it is not executable and comes up with access denied. I set up a cgi-bin directory in his user .conf file but it doesnt seem to help. Any way make these scripts executable with out me or him having to do it.

Gnarlodious
11-14-2007, 08:19 PM
What does error_log say about the error?
Are the cgi files executable by owner www? They either need to be executable by all users or if owned by user www they can be executable by just that user. For LANs it is secure enough to let all users excecute the file, for internet accessible you are safer setting the owner to www.

J_T
11-14-2007, 11:12 PM
The error thats coming up says permission denied. Its odd. Now even if he uploads html to his Sites directory, the files come up owned by him but has to be chmod'ed in order for anyone to access it. This is the same for cgi. Its odd as this has never come up on any of my RHEL servers or other osx servers. The only thing different is that this server is letting users have personal web pages.