PDA

View Full Version : Mail and undeletable messages!

greengreen
11-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Hello. I'm using OSX 10.4.10 and Mail 2.1.1 and am having the following problems: Several times in the last week a messaged has "jammed" when downloading from the server. In the activity window it shows as fetching, but doesn't come through. Deleting it via webmail works to 'un-jam' but this has never happened before and I'm wondering what's going on.

In addition to that, I have several copies of the same Mail Delivery System Notification (Failure) email that are in my inbox, I think from the time when the email was jammed and I had to force quit to close mail. These can be deleted from the inbox, but after viewing another mailbox they have returned. I have tried erase deleted messges, I have tried selecting messages on either side and deleting, every time the reappear in the inbox.

I have found some old posts with a similar problem, but no solutions. Any ideas?:confused:

Las_Vegas
11-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I suggest that you select the problem account and select Rebuild under the Mailbox menu. This will correct any corruption in the database and allow you to properly delete the problem messages.