PDA

View Full Version : Console: Why Can't You be More of A Cutie Pie?

Roy Vincent
11-21-2002, 07:24 PM
I've noticed lately that when I wake from sleep (G4 iMac, 10.2.2), Console always gives me this nasty little report:

"Mac OS X Version 10.2.2 (Build 6F21)
An error occurred reading the startup configuration file. Please contact your administrator.

line 11: ReferenceError: user is not defined. nsPluginsDir::IsPluginFile: checking /Applications/Chimera/Navigator.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/MRJPlugin.plugin
found bundled plugin '/Applications/Chimera/Navigator.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/MRJPlugin.plugin"

Plus a lot of other, apparently benign, bumpf that mentions no errors.

Wakes from sleep as fast as ever. Everything seems to work fine--except that Chimera crashes ever so often. (But that's not news.) What's up with the nasty bit? Done repair permissons and fsck -y. All's okay there. Done TTP. All checks out.

Addendum later: Did a test. Started up; no error messages in Console. Opened IE and then promptly closed it; no error messages in Console. Opened Chimera and then promptly closed it: Got the error messages already reported. It's a Chimera thing. Wake from sleep is irrelevant. (My mistake.)

Haven't a clue.

Here's the whole Console message after opening and closing Chimera following start up--in case you're suffering from insomnia:

"An error occurred reading the startup configuration file. Please contact your administrator.

line 11: ReferenceError: user is not defined. nsPluginsDir::IsPluginFile: checking /Applications/Chimera/Navigator.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/MRJPlugin.plugin
found bundled plugin '/Applications/Chimera/Navigator.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/MRJPlugin.plugin'.
nsPluginsDir::IsPluginFile: checking /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/.DS_Store
nsPluginsDir::IsPluginFile: checking /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Java Applet Plugin Enabler
nsPluginsDir::IsPluginFile: checking /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Java Applet.plugin
found bundled plugin '/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Java Applet.plugin'.
nsPluginsDir::IsPluginFile: checking /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/nsIQTScriptablePlugin.xpt
nsPluginsDir::IsPluginFile: checking /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/PDF Plugin
nsPluginsDir::IsPluginFile: checking /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/QuickTime Plugin.plugin
found bundled plugin '/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/QuickTime Plugin.plugin'.
nsPluginsDir::IsPluginFile: checking /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Shockwave Flash NP-PPC
[loaded plugin /Applications/Chimera/Navigator.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/MRJPlugin.plugin]
### MRJPlugin: getPluginBundle() here. ###
### MRJPlugin: CFBundleGetBundleWithIdentifier() succeeded. ###
### MRJPlugin: CFURLGetFSRef() succeeded. ###"

My, my .... this is fun to read!

Craig R. Arko
11-21-2002, 08:54 PM
You're seeing debug output from Chimera. That's why it's not 1.0 yet. ;)

Specifically this looks like an outdated or incomplete version of the plugin that lets it use the Apple builtin Java interpreter instead of the old Netscape Java interpreter.

I wouldn't give this a second thought until the 1.0 version of the browser is done. This looks like it might be related to #145806 in the Chimera bug database (http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&product=Chimera).

Roy Vincent
11-22-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Craig R. Arko
You're seeing debug output from Chimera. That's why it's not 1.0 yet. ;)

I wouldn't give this a second thought until the 1.0 version of the browser is done.

Thanks Craig.