PDA

View Full Version : Password Help

flipsta510fazn
05-27-2007, 12:59 PM
okay i have a 1.3 ghz ibook g4 and all updateds
my friend set a password on the main user and the other is guest and guest runs automaticly...he forgot the password so basically i can instal nothing with guest...
what i tried was i booted the ibook g4 disc mac os ver 10.3.7
when i boot the 10.3 by pressing the c botton it just loades and freezes on to a black screen
i also have the mac os ver 10.4.8
with this one it goes to something "hagggin in there "black grey screen telling me to shut it down...
what can i do to reset this password
im also willing to format the drive too i dont have much things in there it was an office ibook
thanks again

JDV
05-27-2007, 01:31 PM
You need the installation disks that came with that machine that your friend set the password on. Macs will generally not boot from CDs or DVDs provided with different models of Mac than the one with which it was shipped. So, your friend needs to dig around and find those CDs. Then, resetting the password will be simple.

Joe VanZandt

flipsta510fazn
05-27-2007, 02:03 PM
i talked to him about it and he said that he doesnt have them anymore he trew them away so is there any other solution in formating it

flipsta510fazn
05-27-2007, 02:05 PM
im also thinkin of taking this hard drive and put it on a powerbook do you think i can that and then run the disc on the powerbook and whipe the hard drive
thanks
louis

JDV
05-27-2007, 09:51 PM
If you just wish to use it as a data disk, yes you can do that, I believe. Just put the disk into an external enclosure (firewire is preferable, and the Oxford bridge set is know to be compatible with OS X Tiger, so if you can find one like that, you'll be better off. Then just use Disk Utility from the MacBook to re-initialize the drive. That should give you no problems. It is only installing the OS that is problematic.

Joe VanZandt