PDA

View Full Version : Lost Burn Folder

wmuflyboy
05-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I was in a hurry today and I needed to empty my thumb drive and put it on a cd, so I put a blank cdrw in my powerbook and copied the files to the burn folder and deleted the files on the thumb drive. A few minutes later I put the thumb drive in a pc and I couldn't put any files on it because it was full. I discovered that osx didn't delete the files, they just put it in a trash folder on the usb drive. I deleted it to the pc's recycle bin and emptied the bin because it is a shared computer. Later this afternoon I decided that I needed to burn that folder on my powerbook so I clicked the little nuclear logo and the cd wouldn't burn because I had mistakenly put in media that I already knew wasn't supported. Anyways, I eject the cd and go to put another one in and my files go missing. The new cd opens up a new burn folder and the old burn folder stays open for a sec but without any files in it. I have OSX 10.3.9.

Thanks,
Axel

cwtnospam
05-11-2007, 05:03 PM
I believe that a Burn folder merel points to the originals, it doesn't hold them. Since you deleted the originals before burning, they're gone. If you don't have a backup, then the only solution I know of is a commercial data recovery company.