PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a nifty little 3D app...

BigDave
04-18-2007, 05:36 AM
I can remember a colleague mentioning a nifty little 3d app. I remember being pretty impressd - but have since forgotten the name of it!

Only very basic stuff, but it could take Illustrator .eps files and extrude and rotate them. Great for the occasion logo. It was even freeware, I think. Anyone got any ideas?

[Edit] Err, I should add that I have already tried versionTracker and Google, but it's the importing/export of Illustrator EPS's that's the key part here..... all the apps I've found so far just save/export in their own proprietory formats

Photek
04-18-2007, 06:25 AM
probiably 'Blender'... http://www.blender.org/ its in the import menu under 'paths'

BigDave
04-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Brilliant. Knew you guys wouldn't let me down. It was indeed Blender. Thanks - and kill this thread!

hayne
04-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Brilliant. Knew you guys wouldn't let me down. It was indeed Blender. Thanks - and kill this thread!

We don't kill or delete threads just because the question has been answered. On the contrary, leaving it here will increase the likelihood that Google will be able to provide the answer to someone asking a similar question in the future.