PDA

View Full Version : Safari and RSS feeds

ecbtln
04-09-2007, 03:04 PM
I like the rss integration with safari but there is one thing that really bugs me. Whenever there are more than one new posts in the rss feed it will come up as lets say MacOSXHints (2). My problem is that once u click on that link in the bookmarks bar, it automatically thinks you have read both articles and marks them both as read. Is there any way to make it so that the articles dont get marked as read until i click on the link in the title of the article. This especially bugs me when I am away from my computer for an extended period of time and want to catch up on the latest news. Some of my feeds have posts quite often and they can really add up. I find it frustrating not knowing which ones I have read.

Additionally, this is a reccomondation that I think could be met easilly, though im not sure where to start. Is there a way, either applescript, or any language, I really dont care. To make it so all new rss articles are emailed to a certain email address. Like myself. This in a way could be better than the above because each new mail message is a new article. Additionally, if it is possible, it woudl be best to send the email with the whole html embedded in. (like what happens when you click command-i in safari) :)

solipsism
04-09-2007, 06:59 PM
I can't answer your questions, but I find RSS Menu (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/internet_utilities/rssmenu.html) to be the most useful RSS reader.

ecbtln
04-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I did stumble upon that a while ago, however, i found that it used up too much ram for the actual use that it served. Also I found it to be very for lack of a better word, "sketchy" It would freeze on me several times forcing me to force quit it

Thanks anyway