PDA

View Full Version : Need To Load Windows Xp

dantj007
03-28-2007, 11:05 AM
I need to load Windows XP on my Ibook G4 laptop.

How do I go about it. I was told may be I'll need Macintosh PC Exchange Software. Please where can I download or buy this software from, anyone with useful information should please reply.

Thanks.

JDV
03-28-2007, 11:10 AM
The only program that I know for sure that will let you do this is Microsoft's Virtual PC, although there may be other options I don't know about. While this product is largely discontinued since the Mac went to an Intel processor, I'm sure there are still copies to be had.

It isn't particularly fast, but it -does- work. You might be able to find someone selling it on eBay. If you buy it retail, it's a moderately expensive piece of software.

As for Macintosh PC Exchange software, it isn't a product I am familiar with, so I don't have any opinions or suggestions regarding it.

Joe VanZandt

ThreeDee
03-28-2007, 12:23 PM
There's Q (http://www.kju-app.org/kju/).

JDV
03-28-2007, 12:45 PM
I note that "Q" states that it is considered "alpha" software. While it may be that Virtual PC isn't much past the "alpha" stage, one is well forewarned that this is likely to be buggy and there's no guarantee it will be developed further, either, but having said all that, it looks like something worth trying out!

Joe VanZandt