PDA

View Full Version : adding local artwork to tracks in itunes without embedding

nick_harambee
03-17-2007, 11:42 AM
hi

i am new to itunes, having recently switched from a PC to a Mac, and am trying to add artwork to tracks in my itunes library. all of my artwork is stored in each album folder. the images are typically 300-400kb each (i want high quality artwork for fullscreen playback so have scanned my CD covers) and i have multiple artwork for some albums, so would rather avoid embedding artwork as this could increase the size of an album folder by several MBs. i am aware of the Album Artwork folder for non-embedded itunes artwork that is accessed using the 'get album artwork' feature in itunes 7, but this only seems to work for getting album artwork from the itunes store, which i don't want to do as i already have better quality artwork on my local hard drive. so does anyone know a way of getting images into the Album Artwork folder from a local drive in such a way that they will be recognised in itunes?

thanks

nick.

tatilsever
03-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Add your artwork to ONLY the FIRST song of each album. The rest of the songs in that album will know which artwork to display.

nick_harambee
03-17-2007, 12:53 PM
i have tried embedding artwork in the first song only for an album as you suggested but only the first song is showing artwork - the others say 'no artwork available'

nick