PDA

View Full Version : [iTunes] The Blue & White Lines

iNeurotic
11-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster etc! Okay so, a forum search revealed one other person with this question, but it went unanswered, so I thought I'd bring it up here, on its own.

It might seem trivial, but to me it's quite important- where did the alternating blue and white lines in the main window go, from iTunes 7x?

Obviously there's not an official option anywhere to turn them on or off, so I have to assume it's just an 'improvement'. Well 'bah' I say! I loved those lines, made the whole thing look like a proper ledger :D

Anyway, if there's not a hack or a work-around to restore them, I guess I'll have to uninstall and re-install a 6x iTunes. Oh well. Was just wondering if one of you knowledgable types had the answer there.

Cheers all.

JDV
11-28-2006, 09:35 AM
As Jack Handey (from SNL, for those who wonder) once said, he preferred to refer to his friend's stutter as a "speech improvement" instead of a "speech impediment". That may be what we have here: A software "improvement".

Joe VanZandt

P.S.: Mine stil looks like a leger, too, but I don't see any preferences that seem to affect it.

hayne
11-28-2006, 10:47 AM
where did the alternating blue and white lines in the main window go

I'm not sure what you mean. I have alternating blue & white rows in iTunes 7.0.2 on my iBook G4 running 10.4.8 - see screenshot below:

iNeurotic
11-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Well, in one of life's cruel twists, I just launched iTunes so I could get a grab of my lineless existance, and lo and behold, the blue lines are back...

Tbh, I'm utterly speechless. How is it possible that I go without blue and white lines for over a month, and then, when I'm finally talking to the right people about 'fixing' it, it reverts back to blueandwhitelineness...

Madness. Still, I'm not complaining! Many thanks for the responses anyway, the Jack Handey quote particularly cheered me up :D