PDA

View Full Version : Airport Problem? Printer Not Responding.

maclicious
11-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Hi,
I've had a weird problem that has been around for a while and I thought I'd ask here in case anyone else had experienced the same issue.
I have to setup a temporary lab of ibooks about twice a week and do so in two different rooms (with internet access through airport via one ethernet port).
The problem I have is when the airport express base station is connected to an ethernet port in the same room as the printer and is sending its connection to the room next door the ibooks can print to it, but
If I connect the airport to an ethernet port in a different room and try to print to the printer it doesn't work, they can see the printer but get stuck in a loop when trying to print.
Now as far as I know the network in both rooms is connected to each other and vice versa, and the airport strength isn't an issue.
What could be causing this?
The printer is a HP 2600n Laser printer and the macs are all running 10.4.8.
Also on a different issue;
Why would 16 out of 20 intel imac machines be able to add the HP printer without any trouble yet 4 cannot add it nor see it when the printer list comes up? They can see the printer if you type in the I.P. address but cannot find a driver to be able to print.
These 2 issues have got me stumped, any ideas?
Thanks for your time.

gsahli
11-15-2006, 10:40 PM
The Mac HP-provided driver for that printer is Bonjour-only (Rendezvous on 10.3). You can't use IP printing. Regarding your network setup - Do you know if you have "Distribute IP addresses" turned Off for the Express, so that some other router is the one providing IP addresses - so that all computers are in the same local subnet?