PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver MX - CSS and Template problems

laram
09-27-2002, 04:17 PM
Is any one else out there suffering the same problems I am with Deamweaver? Here's what's wrong; if I'm working on a page which is linked to a style sheet, and I highlight some text on my page and I click on a style name I want to apply in the style sub window, nothing happens. The style I choose will not be implimented. I have to option-click the highlighted text and choose the style from the contextual menu to get it to work.

Also, if I create a new page from a template, the links to the styles and to the images get messed up when I view the page on my browser straight from the html file. Previewing the same page (in a browser) from Dreamweaver works just fine. Taking that file and dragging it directly onto my browser's icon does not - it seems there is an extra slash (/) in front of all the paths that should not be there.

I've tried re-installing to no avail. It works fine when I use Dreamweaver in OS 9, though. These problems only happen when working in OS X (I'm using 10.1.5 on a 450 mHz G4).

Again, I'd like to know if any one else has experienced this and, if so, if a solution was found.

Thanks.

bradipo
09-27-2002, 05:22 PM
I had the problem too on 10.1 with templates not applying css... very annoying and tie wasting.
Now, on 10.2, works correctly.... :confused: puzzling.....

laram
09-27-2002, 06:33 PM
Well, that's good to know that it was fixed in OS 10.2. I'll be updating myself very soon and I hope that will solve the problem for me too.

I still wish I could find out the cause and know of any other solutions besides updating the OS. If there is any one else out there who could enlighten me about this, please reply.