PDA

View Full Version : iTunes 'CD burner' problem

essendine
08-02-2006, 08:57 AM
I have a G4, running OSX10.3.9 that I am about to retire. I started my iTunes on this G4 a couple of years ago and used my external Yamaha CD burner when making music CDs. The Yamaha died about 3 months ago and I got an iOmega CD-RW USB CD burner.

Now that I am trying to burn my music from the G4, I find that iTunes only lists the old Yamaha as my CD burner and there are no options to change it - not that I can find anyway. I tried ditching preferences and nothing changed. The system profiler lists the Iomega burner - but lists 'disc burning' as 'unsupported.' I changed preferences so any CD inserted (into the iomega) would start iTunes. This works - but iTunes still won't burn to the CD. I get an error message saying "cd burner or software not found."

The iomega works fine with Toast for burning any other CDs. But I can't pull iTunes purchased music into Toast for burning a CD.

Anyone have any idea how I can change my CD burner selected within iTunes? Do I need some kind of patch from iomega? Thanks much for your help - this is driving me crazy!

Las_Vegas
08-02-2006, 12:13 PM
You may need to install PatchBurn (http://www.patchburn.de/) so that OS X, 10.3.x will recognize your external properly. Then go to Preferences:Advanced:Burning in iTunes to select the destination drive.

essendine
08-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Wow - you are a genius. It worked perfectly. CDs burning now.

Thank you.