PDA

View Full Version : Middle row of keys on my PowerBook G4 keeps fading in and out of usability

maclova
07-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi, I have a PowerBook G4 which I've had for a long time and it has been very good with me and I've been very careful with the mac (e.g. always making sure my hands are clean before using it, not typing too hard, cleaning it when it gets too dirty with a damp towl, etc) but recently the middle row of keys (asdfghjkl) have been going in and out of usability...meaning that I can't type asdfghjk or l although oddly during these times the ; key does often still work...I've been able most of the time to hold down the whole row including the ; however recently that trick has been working less and less and this is getting really tiring...any idea what is causing this? Is it unfortunately likely that I'll need to have my keyboard replaced? Any chance this could be tied to something more serious like the mobo too...? Ugh...my poor mac :(

trevor
07-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Yes, it sounds very likely that you will need to replace your keyboard. The good news is that this is not really that expensive, and it is one of the few parts on your PowerBook that is very easy to fix yourself. Check here:
http://www.ifixit.com/cart/catalog/category_14_Keyboards_page_1.html

Trevor