PDA

View Full Version : Tiger and GarageBand...

jadro
06-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Hallo all good people there...

I have buyed before 4-5 Months ago, my PowerBook, and I have so many installed Application on it. But now I have format the disk and installed the latest Tiger version, and there is no GarageBand Application.
That doesn't come with Tiger anymore?

But I need GarageBand, I'm desperate, where can I find it, is there any free version? Or I need to buy it :(

Thanks in advance

Jadran

solipsism
06-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Garageband comes with the iLife 06 application suite. Newer Macs are shipped with the Tiger OS and iLife 06. Your install discs will contain any additional software that came with your PowerBook.

Did you reinstall Tiger from the system discs that came with your PowerBook or with a standalone Mac OS X Tiger install DVD?

jadro
06-23-2006, 01:02 PM
I have googled a lot, and I have seen this iLife, but it has also some other Applications that I do not need like iDVD etc.

I have installed Tiger from a DVD that isn't from my PowerBook. It's thru I have a lot dvd's, cd's, with my PowerBook but I'm not sure Mac OS X could be installed from it, that are like some recovery disks. But I will check it is there a some version of GarageBand on this DVDs.

I'm lost.

Jadran

trevor
06-23-2006, 02:27 PM
It's thru I have a lot dvd's, cd's, with my PowerBook but I'm not sure Mac OS X could be installed from it, that are like some recovery disks.

Those will install OS X on your computer exactly like it was when you received your computer, including Garage Band.

Trevor

solipsism
06-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Those will install OS X on your computer exactly like it was when you received your computer, including Garage Band.

Trevor

...assuming the PowerBook was bought new from Apple or an Apple distributor.

bored28
06-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Assumptions are dangerous! :) I would say just pop all those discs in your drive, see if you can find anything pertaining to GarageBand and there you go. If not, then you may have to drop $80 for the suite of apps in iLife. There is no splitting them up either. You get all or none. Good luck !

trevor
06-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Well, even if jadro bought the PowerBook used from Joe-Bob's Crystal Chandeliers and Computers Emporium, if the DVDs and CDs that came with the PowerBook were the originals, they would install OS X on the PowerBook exactly as it was when it left the factory.

Trevor

solipsism
06-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Assumptions are dangerous! I would say just pop all those discs in your drive, see if you can find anything pertaining to GarageBand and there you go. If not, then you may have to drop $80 for the suite of apps in iLife. There is no splitting them up either. You get all or none. Good luck !Well, even if jadro bought the PowerBook used from Joe-Bob's Crystal Chandeliers and Computers Emporium, if the DVDs and CDs that came with the PowerBook were the originals, they would install OS X on the PowerBook exactly as it was when it left the factory.

Trevor

Hence my previous post. The possibility that this PB (if it was a MBP this wouldn't be in question) could have been purchased from an individual who installed Garageband separately. In other words, his PB install discs may only contain iLife 05, not the requested software.

Perhaps it's prudent in Jadro's case to ask him directly.

Jadro: Where did you buy this Powerbook from?

JDV
06-23-2006, 03:26 PM
If he has the machine and the correct restore disks, all is well. If it doesn't contain iLife suite, he may have to fork over and buy it, but that's still his best bet of finding it, unless he has a copy of iLife among his disks.

Just btw, solipsism, the poster's name seems to be Jadran, not Jarod.

Joe VanZandt

trevor
06-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Hence my previous post. The possibility that this PB (if it was a MBP this wouldn't be in question) could have been purchased from an individual who installed Garageband separately. In other words, his PB install discs may only contain iLife 05, not the requested software.

Ah. Excellent point.

Trevor

pure
12-15-2006, 04:00 PM
hi

i wonder, is the latest GB version written for full support of the intel core2duo processor?

i am asking as i use to work with GB on a powerbook G4 1,67 with 2GB RAM and i got lots of freezes on my powerbook during playback

(reason for freeze of system might be, that i overuse GB, too much effects, compressors in every channel, and i am usuallly using at least 15 up to 20 channels, some frozen to disc some not, so the sign is always "deep-red")

getting an imac c2d 24" with 2GB RAM next week, so i really wonder if i can keep on with my practice of overusing the application or better learn to use less of all.

what would you think?

is GB more processordepenent or RAM dependent?

thanks