PDA

View Full Version : autostart apps on restart?

Olaf
03-03-2006, 05:50 AM
Hi!
I've switched recently from linux-desktop-machine to a powerbook running osx and I really like it.

But... there is a feature from the kde-desktop I really really miss: I usually work on a number of different desktops (thanks to DesktopManager) switching between a few different projects. This mean I run like 10 or 15 apps at the same time in about 20 or 30 windows. No problem, when I open my powerbook I can continu immediately wherever I want.
But now and then I have to reboot, for example when installing software-updates. On my old linux-box there was a checkbox that made my computer remember all open apps and windows, so I ended up with exactly the same window configuration after rebooting as where I left off.
Is this also possible on a mac? Is there some app that does this trick? I think it a real pain in the * having to restart 30 windows manually...

thanks in advance! Olaf

hayne
03-03-2006, 09:03 AM
I don't know of a way to do what you want.
But you should investigate "Safe Sleep" as referred to in this macosxhints article: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060302052914529
There seem to be some 3rd-party utilities that will induce Safe Sleep manually (read all the comments on those articles)