PDA

View Full Version : script for classic and/or photoshop?

rykey
02-16-2006, 08:57 AM
hi,
apologies upfront for not being very tech-savvy; hope i can describe my problem and question coherently:

i use osx tiger, but use photoshop 6 in classic. when i launch photoshop from tiger, everything opens okay, but if it's a "cold-start" in classic (the "classic is loading" window pops up before launching photoshop), some kind of glitch causes photoshop to open minus the menu items at the top of the screen. that is, the gray os9 menu bar is there, with the apple icon (maybe this is the finder menu for os9?) but no photoshop menu items ("file," "edit," "view," etc.). i've tried clicking around on the bar to see if the menu items will appear, but get nothing. all the other normal photoshop stuff (toolbox, palettes, etc.) are there; just the menu is missing.

the fix is simple: i just quit photoshop and relaunch it, and it reopens with the menu bar there. someone told me this sounds like the problem lies in the way classic is interacting with photoshop-- since i can fix the problem by quitting and relaunching, it might be because photoshop is re-launching in the already-open classic environment. for whatever reason, something's not clicking right.

if this is the case, is there a script i can add to photoshop that will fix the problem? or does anyone have any other ideas for a solution (besides "get photoshop 7")?

AHunter3
02-16-2006, 09:19 AM
What happens if you launch Classic first and then launch Photoshop?

Edit: OK, I do have reading comprehension capabilities, I just haven't finished my first cup of coffee. OK, then AppleScript is your friend:

tell application "Classic Startup"
activate
end tell
tell application "Photoshop"
activate
end tell

Enter all that in Script Editor, and save it as an application. Paste the icon of Photoshop on it if you wish, and name it "Launch Photoshop" or some such thing.

rykey
02-16-2006, 10:41 AM
i knew coming up with a script would be a simple matter for people here. thanks a lot.
just to doublecheck: should i save the script to anywhere particular? it defaults to my documents folder.

AHunter3
02-16-2006, 01:08 PM
Put it anywhere you want.