View Full Version : black screen after login (Please Help!!!)
02-14-2006, 01:04 PM
I just reinstalled osx on my emac. now after i log in at start up it goes to a black screen, and a prompt comes up which reads:
I am stumped.
i ran disk tools and repaired the hard disk but no change
what can i do?
any help would be great
02-14-2006, 04:53 PM
1) Why did you reinstall? What problems were you having?
2) So just to be sure, I've understood, you get the login window and you enter your name & password and then it goes to the black screen?
Try logging in as a different user to see if that makes a difference.
3) Try booting in "safe mode" by holding down Shift after you hear the chime.
4) See if anything in this Apple doc on startup problems helps:
5) Otherwise, try the standard troubleshooting suggestions:
http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/ (see the "My Mac needs help" section)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.