PDA

View Full Version : where did my download go ?

newbie04-05
12-11-2005, 11:17 AM
I might be doing an archive and install because of issues I have with HelpViewer application, and with other issues. If I archive and install these other problems hopefully will be corrected.

I have downloaded and installed 24 software updates. I only have the Tiger DVD containing the original release version. If I use it to archive and reinstall, I will need to download and reinstall again all of those 24 updates, a time consuming procedure because I connect using dial up modem.

If I can determine where the downloaded files are I could write them to a disk and this will save me lots of time.

Thanks in advance

ThreeDee
12-11-2005, 11:23 AM
With software update, there is an option to only download the updates, but not install them. It's in the Update menu in Software Update. Try that.

newbie04-05
12-11-2005, 12:48 PM
I saw that option exists after I downloaded the updates. Aren't the downloaded files no longer in my hard drive?

jbc
12-11-2005, 01:56 PM
If you set Software Update to use the "Download Only" or "Install and Keep Package" option, the installers will be found in /Library/Packages. If you didn't set either of these options, the installers were deleted after the update and you'll need to download them again.

newbie04-05
12-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks. Another Tiger lessons learned.