PDA

View Full Version : Anti Alaising / Text Smoothing

MichMich
08-16-2002, 08:13 AM
Hi there...

Installed oSX a few days ago, and i must admit that I really love it...

There s only one thing that i can't figure out.... i want to disable anti alaising in Internet Explorer 5.2, I allready tried to disable fontsmooting for fonts smaller than 12 (in my pref panel) but that doesn't work for IE...

please help... my eyes are beginning to hurt...

tnx MichMich

JayBee
08-16-2002, 08:58 AM
Explorer > Preferences... > Interface Extras > [ ] Enable Quartz text smoothing

Though why you'd want to go back to ugly pixel-ville is beyond me ;)

MichMich
08-16-2002, 09:12 AM
U R GREAT!

Tnx dude...
this is much easyer for my eyes! tnx again!

vickishome
08-16-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by JayBee
Though why you'd want to go back to ugly pixel-ville is beyond me ;)

Anti-alias fonts must look differently on each person's screens. I'm using IE 5.1 which (to the best of my knowledge) does not have the anti-alias feature yet. The fonts are razor sharp for me. However, when I tried OmniWeb, the very same font was darker, fatter, and much blurrier for me. I'm at the age in which my eyesight is beginning to blur, and the last thing I need is to assist this blurred vision with blurred fonts.

Or perhaps it's the font choice itself or the screen resolution? I'm using Verdana on a 21" monitor with 1152 x 870@100Hz setting.

JayBee
08-16-2002, 05:03 PM
Yeah, personal taste and all that. I just think that with OS X, I've come to accept a different meaning for "razor sharp" ;)

I had to use a windows machine for web testing today, and DANG is that sucker ugly :)

I just reckon that the rest of the OS in anti-aliased, so why put up with think, blocky, unreadable (IMO) text when I surf?