PDA

View Full Version : Spotlight and listing mail messages

roballen
10-28-2005, 08:45 AM
Hi

I have recently started to use spotlight to pick up on meta data stored against a message using "MailTags".

It works great, and has enabled me to create a folder on the desktop as a saved Spotlight search which functions as a virtual "Inbox". I label documents that I am working on as 'Inprogress' and tag certain email messages the same way. Thus the search brings back everything with the meta tag of 'Inprogress' and I have a one window view of all my ongoing tasks.

The main bug bear I have however is in regards to the displayed information. When I double click the 'Inbox' smart folder on the desktop it displays everything wonderfully. After less than 30 seconds, or if I click on a different window, the mail messages listed by the smart mail box change and instead of displaying the subject line in the window they display the file name stored in ~/Library/Mail/pop-account.

If I refresh the smart folder it again display the mail subject lines for another 30 seconds or so before reverting back to the file name.

If anyone has any ideas about how to stop this, I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Rob

bramley
10-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Sounds like a bug.

I think your best bet is to give the developer some feedback.