PDA

View Full Version : Unable to copy iMovie project w/o crashing

pgflmacrob
10-07-2005, 03:24 PM
My daughter has a 600 Mhz G3 Powerbook with 256MB running iMove HD (latest version). She downloaded from her Sony camera about 35 minutes of a school project she shot. She used iMovie to edit the clips into a 25 minute movie. She added a few titles and some music off a CD.

We played the move in full screen mode and it was fine except she needed a few more edits. She also decided to download some music with her iTunes account and added some sound effects.

Now when she plays the movie in full screen mode it is choppy. I know, not much of a machine for this type of project. Soooo, I have a new 1.2 Ghz iBook with over a gig of memory. I figure this machine should have the horsepower to play it fine.

However when I copied the movie project over to my big machine (via a diskgo edge firewire external drive or using her machine in target mode. I got an error that my machine was not authorized to play her iTunes music. We entered her code iTunes account info in my machine to authorize it then restarted iMovie and my machine crashes iMovie.

This is repeatable. I cannot copy her project to my machine and without iMovie crashing when I open her project. Any ideas what is going on?