PDA

View Full Version : Odd Word 2004 question...

NeatO
06-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey everyone. I just bought my 15" PowerBook G4 and am loving it. However, I recently noticed something with my version of Office (2004) and was wondering if someone here could help me out.

When I first used Word, the formatting toolbar/menu used to be "floating" to the right of the text document (I'm pretty sure that this is the default setup for this menu). I've had no problems with this and I actually think it's kind of cool! However, for whatever reason, it has since disappeared and I don't know what I did or how to get it back. When I customize the toolbars, I can get the formatting toolbar to appear underneath the main toolbars but I can't seem to figure out how to make it float again.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to make my formatting toolbar float again??

Oh and for those who were curious, I purchased the 15" PowerBook G4 1.5GHz with 512MB RAM, 80GB, AppleCare, a lock, and a Targus "CityGear Chicago Notebook Backpack" (does anyone have any ideas about this case? It seems huge and sturdy enough to me...).

Thanks for everything,
Alan

Phil St. Romain
06-22-2005, 12:25 PM
I just click on it and there she floats! Nothing happens at all when you click on its icon?

vancenase
06-22-2005, 12:34 PM
i could be off base (and often am) ... but is this the setting you are looking for?

View >> Formatting Palette

or this

View >> Toolbars >> Formatting

NeatO
06-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Ah ha! vancenase that worked! I don't know how or why it happened but for some reason that wasn't clicked. I went ahead and went to View > Formatting Palette and my formatting options toolbar is now happily floating to the right of my document :) Thanks a lot!

But as for the case, anyone have any comments/suggestions? It is a huge backpack case but my concern is protection of the computer and I don't really know how well this backpack stacks up. When I put the computer into the book bag, it slides in and then there's a velcro strip that I put on and that's it. However, the strip doesn't secure as snug as I would prefer. It still allows for my PowerBook to drift forward and backward quite a bit; at least more than I was expecting.

Am I just a bit too paranoid and should relax or should I be concerned?

Thanks as always!

--Alan