PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Mac Publishing will change the site?

cameranerd74
06-02-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm sure most of you read about this (http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/editors/2005/06/griffiths/index.php) yesterday, but if you haven't... Mac OS X Hints is now under new managment.

First off, I want to say congrats to Rob. Way to go! I had the chance to meet Rob at MWSF 05 and he is a really nice guy. I've also read many of Rob's articles and one of his books, and I'm glad to see him getting promoted to senior editor... I think that's a GOOD thing.

That brings me to the question... do you think Mac Publishing will change the site... if so... for better or for worse?

mclbruce
06-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Of course things will change around here. Staying the same equals dying. Not only will the management changes have an effect on the forums, but so will the economy, Apple's successes and failures, and for that matter, global warming. Let's not set up a scenario where everything new, unusual, or disliked that happens on this board in the next six months is attributed to the management change.

Will things get better or worse? Probably some of each. People will continue to participate here because they think it's the best forum around, and people will drop out for one reason or another.

cameranerd74
06-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Let's not set up a scenario where everything new, unusual, or disliked that happens on this board in the next six months is attributed to the management change.

I agree. I think it's a postive thing and will help the site much more than it will hurt it. I'm not going anywhere. This site will stay on my Top Sites List. (http://homepage.mac.com/cameranerd74/applemacpunk/C885273884/E1014683935/index.html)

Caius
06-03-2005, 01:00 PM
I think MacWorld (UK) is the best mac magazine around at the minute, and has been for a few years. I can only think that they would improve the forums, and as mclbruce says, if you stay the same you are basically dead.

And if MacWorld totally bork the forums, we can all laugh and point at them, (and that is highly unlikely!!) :cool:

Quanto
06-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Congrat's. Rob!

Sorry to hear you decided to go corporate, though!

We need leaders here, in my opinion, not bureaucrats.

Hope it doesn't go that way.

Just Doug's opinions, that's all...

Individuals think. States cannot think. (hard won opinion :eek: )

Doug AKA quanto

Phil St. Romain
06-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Calm down, Doug. There's quite a difference between a magazine staff and a state bureaucracy (spoken by one who's worked in both places). The former has to actually earn its money, after all. ;)