PDA

View Full Version : Greets, intros and it's good to be home again

lordofkhemenu
05-16-2005, 03:00 PM
I've been involved with Macs since the Apple ][ (okay, technically, not a Mac, but still Apple) - used them in grade school, had to suffer with PCs in HS, used again in college and owned a RevA iMac for several years.
Reversal of fortune dropped me back in the PC world (FreeBSD to the rescue,there).
During one employment stint, I was fortunate enough to be trained on OS X before it went public. Weeks of training to learn the new interface, the BSD under the hood (boy was I tickled with that..my BSD geek side and my artistic side, both completely satisfied!).
Long story longer....
Well, one a kickarse job and tax return and I'm back.
I missed you so, dear Mac.
I work in an MS-centric office. Including myself, there are 3 employees and 1 consultant who are 'enlightened' and use Macs at work or at least at home. The consultant has a beautiful 17in PB running VirtualPC that he brings in so he can consult the MS-heads on the Windows-only software his company provides.
Funny anecdote on that guy...
I'd seen his PB sitting on a desk and said, "Somebody has excellent taste in computers"
He asked if I was a Mac user and let's just say the conversation went on for 15 minutes or so, extolling the virtues, prats, pitfalls and pluses of OSX, whether to hold out or jump in to the Tiger upgrade, etc.
One of the last things he told me was, "Yanno, my level of respect for you just went off the scale, once I found out you were a Mac guy."
Solidarity, man. Solidarity. :cool:

cameranerd74
05-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Welcome back. ;)

yellow
05-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Welcome back to the fold!

MBHockey
05-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Always glad to hear. :D