PDA

View Full Version : sent mail from gmail

sustenance
04-25-2005, 08:24 PM
I check my mail from the web while at school or work, but use POP access to gmail when I am at home. However, if I send any messages via gmail while using gmail on the web, I get a copy of these sent items in my inbox in the mail app marked as if they are new and from an outside source. I like the "conversation" setup in the web-based gmail, but when they come as separate messages to my inbox it gets annoying, especially if I've sent many in one day. Is there any way to stop this from happening? I've searched around in the settings of gmail and made a rule in mail, but nothing has worked. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bluehz
04-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Man I been meaning to write this EXACT message for about 3 weeks. Same exact situation - using POP gmail at home and web access at work. I have looked everywhere for method to disable sent msgs appearing I can find it nowhere.

sustenance
04-26-2005, 09:23 AM
Yes, it's very frustrating. I even tried making a rule in mail that if the sender was my email and the reply-to was my email (which all the sent mail from gmail seems to be), that mail would automatically trash it, but even that didn't work. I'm sure there is someone out there who knows the answer to this...