PDA

View Full Version : Worlds of Warcraft for Mac

weltonch777
04-18-2005, 12:55 PM
I have it on back order. Can't wait. (Only problem is Tiger will be coming around the same time, so I'll probably have to wait for patches before I play).
Anyone else he paly WoW on Mac? If so, how are you liking it?

yellow
04-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Got bored with it pretty quickly. I did the end-phase (pre-release) Stress Test and Open Beta. Then played for a few months (from release until early January). The worlds are huge and the experiences varied, but ultimately I got bored because I had no idea why the hell I was doing it. This may also be a function of my age and responsibility level, it's hard to invest time in a game when you have a wife and a mortgage ;).

It's definitely a cool game, just don't let it suck your life away!

weltonch777
04-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I don't have the wife and mortgage thing going on yet, but I will do my best to try to remember to enter the real world every day. ;) I'm just glad that there's finally a top line online game that I can play on my Power Book. WoW is still relatively new, also. (Esp. If you consider that the PC version is still sold out at most stores. I think that's pretty much unheard of for any game, considering how long it's been out.)

Now it's just time to wait and cross my fingers and pray for Tiger interoperability!

yellow
04-18-2005, 02:12 PM
I found it to be a bit low and cumbersome on a PB, but I was comparing it to a much faster desktop with a much better GPU. In a pinch, it worked fine on the PB, but the fan would be on constantly as it got pretty darned hot!

weltonch777
04-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Right now my PB has 1GB ram, a 1.5Ghz G4, and 128Mb vram
And, yes, I work for a living and was completely broke for about 2 months after I bought it. But I luv it, so what can you do?
The main thing I'm worried about is the 32 bit single proc. (that and frying my legs whilst on T-Mobile net in Starbucks.)

yellow
04-18-2005, 02:22 PM
You should be fine then..
My PB is a 1.25GHz, 64MB VRAM, with only 512MB RAM.

hayne
04-18-2005, 03:06 PM
It works fine on my 1.2GHz iBook G4 (12" screen) - my son is an enthusiastic WoW player. The iBook does sometimes get rather hot and runs the fan - especially if it is charging the battery while he is playing WoW. Of course WoW is much better on his 1.8 GHz iMac G5, but a lot of that is merely due to the 20" screen.